I always liked tinkering with material objects, shaping ideas into real form. Here are some of my feats (coming up as I manage to get them described, scanned or shot).
Many-many airplanes (hundreds), boats (tens) and wheeled vehicles (a few), most of them functional models and few of them scale models.
- Delta-plane (10yo) My largest flying model - almost as tall as I was. Wood, string, glue and paper.
- Little structures (12-16yo) (bridges, hills, houses), which I built to model rural areas through which to stream my TTHobby train models. This activity was interrupted only because I got separated from my train set.
- The model of my future house (14-18yo), or so I hope , which I drew first on paper, then in AutoCAD.
- A virtual model of high-level cognition.
- Lego stuff (when you have a 1-2yo kid, you tend to enjoy it more than he does :): Sphinx (1,
Big Bird (1,
4); Big Bird v.2 (1,
Big Bird v.3 (1,
- There are more recent lego models here
- We also enjoy origami, and will put some pictures online asap
- I finally got my very own Lego Mindstorms kit, so I'm looking forward to building functional robots!!!